Can someone pls confirm what rooms childrens social care can go in in your home and how to challenge their concerns that have no evidence.

I am a grandparent and my child (over 18) is expecting my grandchild. They are on a plo owing to previously being set up to fail by social care and their other child now being on a sgo with family.

I am fighting for my child and grandchild (due soon) coming home to live with me, i have re arranged the living conditons to include them, all rooms the baby will be in are clean, tidy and clutter free. I have not focused on my other childs room (also over 18) or mine because baby will never go in these rooms.

However the social workers keep asking to go in and uses the excuse they need to make sure ive not got someone else in the rooms, they are saying that the whole house will be taken into account, how is this acceptable to take into account areas that have not been focused on while the family have been decorating and focusing on  the rooms baby will go in?

they are pushing for my child and grandchild to go in a parent and baby unit. I am extremely concerned about this as this will isolate my child and grandchild from myself who would be able to fully support them. I work with children, care for a disabled person and am dbs checked. 

How is it in the babys best interest to put the parent with strangers who will not help or support the adult. Instead they will watch and record their every move. 

Any advice or suggestions on where i stand as grandparent and what social care can actually do will be appreciated. As it feels they have all the power to do what they like.
Hi, I understand that this is a difficult and troubling situation. You may find it helpful to contact the Family Rights Group, they help people dealing with social services and the possibility of children going into the system, you can call them on 0808 801 0366. They will have a lot more useful information for you. You may also find our articles on social services useful. If you feel you need further support please e-mail us at or contact us through our live chat service which is open, Monday to Friday between 1.30pm and 5.30pm or call our freephone helpline on 0808 800 2222.