My ex has managed to alienate me as much as possible with my children so that I cannot see them. Now I have found that their school attendance is abysmal >85%. Their school aren't taking any action apart from speaking to the children which clearly is not working to increase attendance, they are not reporting this to the local authority (they're a catholic academy and are not required to) and the local authority are taking no action because the school is an academy.

Can anyone avise what I can do as the non-resident parent to get all involved parties (mother, school, local authority) to take action?
Hi, I understand that this is a difficult and troubling situation. It seems like you're looking for legal advice? Child Law Advice has an extensive archive of information on the law surrounding children. You can contact them, though you may be asked to book a call and may be charged, on 0300 330 5485. If you feel you need further support please e-mail us at or call our freephone helpline on 0808 800 2222.