2 years ago my daughter accused her boyfriend of raping her. She took an overdose and cut herself many times. She reported it to the police. This was followed up with police visits and weekly counselling sessions for a year.
After that time, I was gobsmacked to find that she started going out with him again. After 6 months she moved in with him. And dropped out of uni.
Of course, I was very angry and upset. She is now not talking to me. 
I don't know what to do. Her Dad thinks I should move on and support her. Allow him back into our lives. I can not do this. So we've reached abit of a stalemate. 
I can not forgive or forget what he put us all through. But the consequence to that is that she won't talk to me. What should I do?
Thank you for reading x
Hi, I understand that this is a very difficult and upsetting situation and you're well within your right to be worried about your daughter's safety. In situations like this it is usually suggested that you do your best to stay in contact and lightly make your displeasure known but make sure to not push your daughter away as if something does happen then she will be able to turn to you. Unfortunately, this is not an uncommon situation. You may find it helpful to speak to Women's Aid as they'll have more specialised information. If you feel you need further support please e-mail us at or call our freephone helpline on 0808 800 2222.